Expanded polystyrene is an environmentally friendly closed-cell foam with excellent insulation and damping properties; an ideal material for insulation and packaging applications.
- Non allergic
- Does not harbour micro-organisms.
- Thermal and mechanical properties remain unaffected by moisture.
- The insulation value of EPS doesn’t diminish over time (permanent R-Value)
- CFC (chlorofluorocarbons) free
- Produced in type FR (flame retarding) material for building applications
- May be recycled — look for the number 6 recycle symbol
EPS may be moulded to complex shapes or blocks. Moulded blocks are processed further using sophisticated hot-wire equipment, the bulk of production being towards insulation board.
EPS's versatility, both in terms of its physical properties, design possibilities and workability makes it suitable for a large variety of insulating, architectural, protective and technical products surrounding us in our daily lives.
save me save yourselves
, on Flickr